Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P721X is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change. The NYC DOE Return to School 2020-2021 also has important information and resources for you.
We are starting the school year with a blended learning schedule. For students at our Main Site, our off sites and worksites that means that your child will be in school every other week. Your child will work remotely when not scheduled to be in school. Group A will be in school on week one and home on week two. Group B will be in school on week two and home on week one. Group D will be remote 100%. The school day will run from (TBD)
In addition, you may choose to have your child work 100% remotely at any time. To do so, please complete the Learning Preference Survey
|Week 1||Group A||Group A||Group A||Group A||Group A|
|Week 2||Group B||Group B||Group B||Group B||Group B|
Responsibilities While in the Building
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) and by students up while in the building. If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file in the office.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Visiting our school: ALL VISITORS MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT
- While in the building: When you enter the building, please sign in at the front desk. During check-in, you will be given a name tag and reminded to wear your mask at all times.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways will be marked with arrows. Please keep at least 3 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Illness: Students or staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the Covid Testing Sites page to find a test site closest to you.
We are asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing. Our school will take additional recommended steps to improve the safety of our staff and students.
- We've reduced the average class size for in-person instruction.
- To maximize air circulation, we will opening windows whenever possible.
- Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms. In addition, classroom teachers will be provided with sanitizing supplies to wipe down surfaces.
- All bathrooms will have extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, teachers will have hand sanitizer for use in the classroom.
What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning combines in-class and at-home learning. This allows us to limit the number of students in the building each day.
- During days in class, teachers will provide direct whole-class and small-group instruction. These days will be used primarily to introduce new topics, additional support, and to monitor student progress.
- Students will be assigned activities to work on independently at home. These activities will allow students to practice what they learned in class. At-home learning activities are an important part of the learning process and will be graded.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers. .
- At-home assignments for the week will be posted in Google Classroom.
- At-home assignments for each week should be turned in by their due date. Assignments will be graded.
- All students are expected to sign into synchronous live sessions in Google Hangouts, Zoom, or Teams. Look for the link in your teacher's Google Class.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
Technology Help for Families
See below for technology related information.
To request a device, please complete the Remote Learning Devices Request Form.
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, please contact our Tech Liaison, Laura Lynch at LLynch6@schools.nyc.gov. Request a DOE iPad.
- Students use their student accounts to log into Google Classroom in the NYCDOE Central Learning System.
- All students have an Department of Education account. This account will allow them to access Microsoft 365, Google Classroom, as well as many apps in Clever.com. Your homeroom teacher has the login credentials. You can also contact LLynch6@schools.nyc.gov to receive your credentials. To reset the password please visit Student Self Service.